Next Chapter is committed to offering a complete and rigorous treatment experience
Our dedicated team of professional clinicians and addiction specialists have been personally selected for their experience in helping addicted individuals achieve and maintain long-term recovery. All of our staff members are specially trained in the treatment of both addiction and trauma, and have dedicated their lives to helping those struggling with addictive disorders and related issues.
Many of our patients have experienced trauma of one kind or another either during childhood or while active in their addictions. Our unique program of recovery focuses on the role of trauma in addictive disorders, and includes:
- Combining a fully comprehensive clinical approach with a thorough program of 12-Step immersion. While many treatment programs focus exclusively on one or the other, we believe that both therapeutic intervention and 12-step recovery are vital components of long-term sobriety.
- Treating the family is an essential part of the overall recovery process. Families are assigned a therapist, and given the opportunity to focus on some of their own persisting issues. The family and their recovering loved one will also be given the opportunity to work together in family sessions. Families will be provided with all of the necessary education, support, and training necessary to be of the utmost benefit to their loved one throughout his journey of recovery. One of the most important barometers for success in sobriety is the involvement of the family. We encourage the family members of our clients to take a parallel journey of healing and emotional recovery.
- A male-exclusive treatment facility which specifically addresses male issues revolving around both addiction and trauma.
- The use of experiential therapies such as psychodrama, inner child work, drama therapy, and music therapy. Although talk therapy is also vital, the use of experiential therapies is extremely effective for patients that struggle connecting or verbally expressing their emotions. Experiential therapy is also highly effective for those suffering from childhood trauma or attachment injuries.
- We offer luxurious, home-style accommodations. Our residence is a 5500 square-foot home situated in a country style setting on an acre of property. The home is conveniently located only a mile and half from the clinical office building. The residence is less than 2 miles from the beach and a mile from downtown Delray Beach. The home is beautifully decorated and includes a large swimming pool, flat screen television, computers with internet access (during specific times) and large, beautifully decorated bedrooms.
- Next Chapter provides an intimate setting with a low staff-to-patient ratio. No single therapist has more than five patients on their case load at any given time.
- All of our therapists are either masters level or licensed clinicians. Each of therapists has extensive experience working with both trauma and addiction.
90 Days ago, with little hope and feelings of total helplessness, I drove my son from New York to Next Chapter on a recommendation from our District Attorney’s office. We were meet with an instant feeling of understanding and renewed hope. Addiction is a life-long battle, but with the understanding, therapy and commitment that was given at Next Chapter I feel cautiously optimistic regarding my son’s recovery. Next Chapter and their staff I regard as high level professionals.